Mobile usage has shot up over the years. It is paramount that you understand why it is important for your solutions to have mobile presence. Infomaze can help you! Learn how.
Say you have just realized that enhancing your products to the mobile arena will a big positive step towards growing your business for the better. And at that very point, another thought hits you – Will a responsive website suffice enough? Or will I need a native app? How do I know which one’s going to really help?
Before answering these questions, it is important to know the difference between the two. Read on:
Responsive is the word. Its all about being responsive! When you build your website, you make sure that you build it in a way that it is being displayed beautifully, no matter the device that is displaying your application. This means that the UI must remain excellent. The user doesn’t have to zoom in or pinch the screen innumerable times just to set the screen to best display your website on his smartphone. Everything looks just right on his/her browser!
These are the applications designed to run on any mobile device such as smartphones and also tablets. These are different from mobile-friendly websites in the sense that they run as stand-alone programs, rather than through browsers of the devices. And these apps are platform specific, the most common ones being Android, iOS & Windows.
So which one’s the right one for me?
If you’re just putting the first step towards mobile presence, a mobile-friendly website should always be the first step in creating your web presence. Although a responsive site is definitely not a shortcut for your web presence, it does mark a good impression of you.
As for the original question of which one’s better, we want you to know the fact that there is no ‘de facto’ standard answer for this question. The answer purely depends on the needs of your business. The important factors which would decide the answer are: who are your customers, what devices and platforms do they use? And will using your app increase the users’ comfort?
For example, if you are a restaurant owner with your restaurants located in multiple addresses in the same city, an app would be utterly redundant. Whereas, if you are an online-only store and you know well that more than 50% of your users order your products through their iPhones, it is highly likely that you’ll be increasing your business even more by giving them a free native app that runs on iOS.
Mobile Commerce or m-commerce is increasing everyday and such companies should start with a mobile-friendly site, making sure they work efficiently. When everything seems feasible, work on having a native app. (On a side-note, it doesn’t make sense to have a mobile app when you don’t already have a mobile-friendly website in place, you see).
How Infomaze can be of assistance:
Whether you want a mobile-friendly website or a mobile app, we can help you with either. Our core expertise lies in creating gorgeous websites that display on all sizes of screens without any hassles. We also know that responsive design is responsible design, and that it is not just about fitting your content on a mobile screen. With our help, you can ease your customers’ experience when they are visiting your website from any mobile device.
Here are a few salient features of our mobile applications:
- Give us a ‘platform’ to stand on and we shall! – Our mobile app development is spread across various platforms available today – Android, iOS, Windows, etc. Just name the platform you want your mobile app to be built on, and we shall get working on it right away.
- Simplification does the charm – Our modus operandi while deciding the user-interface of the app is to Keep It Simple! This way, people with limited technical knowledge too, can handle the app with ease.
- Floats on the Cloud – Our mobile apps are usually accompanied with a cloud solution that can be opened on a desktop for easy access by the admin. An admin, as we know, performs the higher end tasks such as generating reports, view the usage statistics etc., and basically maintains the application as a whole.
- Auto Sync – The syncing of the data between the cloud app and the mobile app happens in an intelligent manner, and the changes you make on the cloud solution will instantly reflect on our mobile app and vice versa.
- The right amount of Security– Say you want your employees to use an app that we built for you, but only from your company’s premises. We make this possible! You can also track the usage of these apps and record the events for future reference.
(We don’t mean to brag, but we are indeed pioneers when it comes to business app development!)
And these are just to name a few. If they weren’t enough to clear your doubts, give us a shout and we will help you through the mobile-presence problems that you’re facing, with a smile on our face!
If you want to know more about our Mobile App Development services, you can see it here.