We developed Google Map solution, which helped a marketing/support company to overcome the problems out of driving directions to the clients’ location at the same time calculate the mileage covered by the team to reach the destination.
We were approached by a client, whose requirement was based on the following:
- They had to send marketing and support executive to client locations in United States
- They had to get the address information and then had to use a hard copy map to draw up their driving directions
- Marketing Executives and Support Staff were also paid on the miles covered and this information was never accurate.
- We developed a solution, which was integrated in their existing application
- The Solution was developed with help of Google Map Solutions
- Since the client information was already in the system, our Map picked those location before-hand so the “To” Location was a simple Client Name selection
- Based on the requirement, multiple maps were generated for indvidual client. These information were exported in PDF, Word Format so that it can be carried alongwith normal printouts
- Further, the solution was enhanced so that if the marketing executive were to cover more than one client in the same area, the map showed them how to cover all those clients in the best possible manner.
- At the end, it also calculated the miles covered by the executives on one or multiple client visits.
- These were further helpful in generating various reports.
- Google Map API
- MS SQL SERVER 2005