A Premier Educational Institute approached us for building a dynamic solution for their schools across South Africa. The first phase of the project was to build a solution, where contents can be managed in an organized manner and approved/published by the editor. The key point was to have one administrator area for various schools so that data can be centralized.
- The system earlier had a static site and had to hire a team to do regular updates
- The updates was not in real time and hence missing the whole point of communicating the information to the audience including investors and parents
- Managing various schools with similar content was duplicate work
- Managing query/contact us info was only via email.
- Based on the requirement, the Infomaze Team decided to nail down the functionality to a content management system, which was tested and proven and can be easily customized to achieve the project goals
- A new corporate design with easy navigation and flow was conceptualized to give the website a modern look.
- The backend was designed so that the entire contents can be managed from one area using a tree-like structure to replicate the front-end website’s navigation links
- This made changes to the system very easy and fast.
- Various user roles and settings were provided to allow users to access only specific areas of the administrator.
- A clear distinction was made between the author, approver, editor and publisher to allow content flow and approval an easy process.
- Forms were provided with dynamic form building objects like Text Box, Radio Buttons, Dropdowns etc. to allow administrator and admin users to build their own forms.
- Media gallery was provided separately from the content to store all images, videos, downloadable PDFs at one location.
- Content area were provided with options to:
- Use various templates
- Use Rich-Text-Editor (RTE) to add/edit the content
- Allow using media gallery into the content
- Use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Header Info e.g. Meta Tags, Title, Keywords, Description
- Create SEF (Search Engine Friendly) URLs for SEO Purpose
- Saving various versions of the content for future reference and use
- The front-end website had the options for changes in Text, Images and Snippets, thereby making the info on the home page the latest.
- Each School was provided with different subdomain URL for easy access.
- Contact Us/Enquiry Info was saved in the database for exporting the info to internal MIS system
- Based on successful launch of Phase 1, the Institution plans for various phases, which includes merging the website info with internal MIS.
- Allow Parent to login to check the following:
- School Fees – outstanding, paid, list, reports
- Other Dues – Events fee and others
- Checking Exam results including downloading a copy of the result
- Allow students to login
- Events announcements
- Checking Exam Results
- Interacting with the teachers
- Generating various web-based reports for internal use
- ASP.NET (C#)
- MSSQL SERVER 2008
- HTML, CSS, jQuery